Canal du Centre

Canal du Centre

Friday, July 1, 2016

Apology

It's been nearly forever since I updated our travels. We haven't had wifi so I'm doing this from my phone, which is a pain. No pictures either.
We pushed on and completed the Centre then took only one day to reach Saint Jean de Losne against moderate current on the Saone.
After subsidizing the chandlerys and the fuel dock and visiting with friends we hadn't expected to see again so soon, Monday the 27th we headed further up the Saone. We're currently tied under some trees just about 15 k from the end of the navigable river and the beginning of the Canal des Vosges. The weather has finally improved (we actually had a mini heat wave, naturally the first two days of summer) and the river has calmed down to it's usual placid self.
I promise to provide more juicy details and pictures when internet connectivity improves. Meanwhile we press on... Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of a sudden I'm getting comment spam. I'll have to use Captcha until it gets under control. Sorry...